Thursday, May 15, 2014

D Camp registrations due for early bird discount & meet the instructors!

To receive the early bird discount for the regional D Camp, registration & payment must be postmarked by Friday, May 16.  Contact Chris Sullivan Kelley for more information about the D Camp or visit the regional website at www.northernlakesponyclub.org

M E E T   T H E   I N S T R U C T O R S . . . . .

Maddie: Mounted Instructor
C3 Dressage Specialty & HB from Croixside Pony Club
I have been riding horses since I was 8 years old and have been in Pony Club for 8 years.  I primarily focus on dressage training but also enjoy improving my stadium/cross country skills and love a great trail ride!  My horse is an 12 year old Welsh/Holsteiner pony whom I have been with for 5 years and have taken up to Third Level in dressage. In 2014, I was accepted into the Minnesota Hooved Animal Rescue Foundation’s Trainer’s Challenge.  So this year I will be training a young Arabian mare to present at the MHARF silent auction in September.  In addition to riding, I enjoy playing the piano, working at a local animal hospital, volunteering for a wildlife rehab center and spending time with family, friends, my dog and cat.

Anna: Mounted Instructor
C3 Traditional from Lead Hound Pony Club
Before going to college I was a member of Lead Hound Pony Club. I joined in 1998 when I was five and got my C3 when I was fifteen. Since then I have been an examiner and taught many certification preps. I really love teaching, and especially like mentoring other PC members as they begin teaching. I am an eventer and work primarily with young horses moving up the levels. I am a junior UW-River Falls studying Biology and Education. I was on the USPC International Tetrathlon team in 2011 and traveled to compete in England and Ireland. I also do a lot of skijoring for fun and have done a bit of mounted games.

Anessa: Team Leader & Instructor
C2 Horse Management from Kimberwicke Pony Club
I am a C2-Horse Management-rated pony clubber who has been in the organization for the past ten years.  I have in that time dabbled in several disciplines, including spending a few years vaulting, but am busy at college and do my best to keep up with learning about horse care and management.  I enjoy Quiz and have competed regionally, nationally, and internationally.

Rachel: Team Leader & Instructor
C2 Traditional from Rising Sun Pony Club
I am 17 and plan to take my HB this summer.  I first joined pony club when I was 8 years old.  I’ve been an instructor at D Retreat and have attended many pony club events since joining.  My horse, Maddy, is a 15.3 hand blue roan American Warmblood mare.  We are qualified to compete at Championships this summer in Eventing.


Charlotte: Team Leader & Instructor
HB from Lead Hound Pony Club
 I've been in Pony Club for four years now. I'll be turning 18 this summer––and I've been riding since I was 6. I have an eight year old Straight Egyptian Al Khamsa Arabian gelding named ND Khedar Fateen, whom I've owned since he was two! I started and trained him myself, but because I'm so busy with AP/IB/PSEO courses at school, we've taken a break from competition. I still ride everyday: We love to fox-hunt with Long Lake Hounds, trail ride, swim, and just gallop around.


(Not pictured is Ben Samuelson -- C2 Traditional/HB from Canterbury Pony Club)

No comments:

Post a Comment